Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth











That afternoon Troy took us to the Fountain of Youth. Another St. Augustine attraction we have only visited on the outside. Apparently it’s an Archeological Park they are still finding artifacts.

I was a little disappointed the actual spring dried up so they had to dig a well to preserve the historical sight. We did get to drink the stinky well water. It almost made me throw up (pregnancy fun) Reese however loved it. I’m sure the over 40 minerals in the water are good for him right?

All in all I would say it’s a tourist trap for the most part. We did get to see some cool peacocks. Next time I think I will just go to Dad’s drink his well water and see the stray peacocks that live at his house from time to time.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

We're waiting for you to come and drink the well water and see Pete the peacock!!!!!