Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Marine Corps Band








That evening we took them to see the Marine Corps Sunset Performance at the Iwo Jima Memorial. This is something I will really miss. They practice every Tuesday morning. I could hear the band from our apartment so I made Tuesday my cleaning day. I haven’t really cleaned my apartment since we got back. Could someone please make a band play outside my Gainesville apartment?

My favorite part of the performance is the Silent Cadence. It is so amazing that they can flip the ten pound guns with knives on the end and not hurt themselves or others. I love that Dylan was a Marine so he knows everything that is going on. I'm pretty sure he could find several things he will not like about this post. I know, I know they are not guns or knives I think he would say rifle's and bayonets. Yes, Yes I also know once a Marine always a Marine. If you find any more mistakes just leave a comment.

The first time we saw the Silent Cadence the audience was very quiet (of course). Reese stood up and yelled "ten hut" I was really embarrassed when everyone turned and let out a little laugh.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love that first picture of Reese! He's so big!

Harriet said...

I can't believe we really got to do this trip! All was so fun and beautiful!!!!