Friday, April 3, 2009

Silver Springs State Park













I believe the entire reason for Troy's visit to Florida this time was to see the Monkeys. When he came in October we ventured out to Silver Springs to see the above Wild Monkeys with no such luck. It turns out we just didn't go far enough up the river.

So with me and my big belly, Reese, Dylan and Troy we rented a canoe and paddled up the river. The funny part was calculating how much weight each of us had gained or lost since our last trip to see if the canoe would be safe from tipping. It was safe but the edge sat uncomfortably close to the water.

It was a super exciting trip. We did not see the monkeys until the very end. Some one told us half way up that we were going the wrong way. Dylan was sure, he had seen them before. Troy and I were not convinced. Dylan kept saying, "just around the corner" or "they will be on this island for sure". We made it all the way up to the spring and were on our way back when FINALLY we saw the monkeys. It was worth the wait, suspense, and second trip. We saw baby monkeys, a monkey poop in his hand, and a monkey fight.

My little Reese was so excited, Troy got some great pictures, and I got some crazy video.


2 comments:

AmberS said...

So, How do you really feel about canoeing up the river with alligators? Very adventurous!

Bree said...

Seriously I would never get in a canoe with gators that size swimming around. Talk about freak me out!