Saturday, August 2, 2008

Zoo




Posted by Picasa
Yesterday was Dylan’s day off so we went to the National Zoological Park. Sounds Fancy. As a matter of fact it is very fancy! We got to see Lions, Tigers and Giant Panda Bears. The pandas were really fun to watch. It was a first for all of us. Rees said his favorite was the tigers. He also liked the Petting Zoo, Monkeys, and Bugs (giant centipede, huge flying cockroaches, and the biggest aunt farm I have ever seen) Yuck! Dylan’s favorite was the Blue Iguana it was gigantic! I have to say I liked the Pandas the best. We enjoyed our packed lunches by the enormous Tortoise couple entertained by all the people passing buy. They were almost as fun to watch as the animals.
Home for nap time.
Dylan and I spent the evening with his co-workers at Fogo de Chao a really nice Brazilian Steakhouse. I ate more last night than I did all of last week together. We both loved the food and the company. It was nice to meet all the people Dylan has been talking about this summer. I will post pictures later if we can get our hands on them.
Reese got to play with Karyn and Joe. (Thanks)
I love that Dylan has had so much time to spend with us it will be hard for us to get back into the school routine!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Now that does actually look fun. I don't think we ever did that. I can't wait to see my Reese.

Shell Bell said...

When does your fun summer end? Are your parents coming out to help you move? Is this Dylan's last year of school. It sure would be fun to get to Florida for a girls weekend before you leave.

Regi said...

Hi Michelle, Yes Dave and Velma are zig zaging their way out here. We are all so excited this is where my dad served his mission. They should be here sometime this week. We will be going back to Florida together around the 15th. Yes it is Dylan's last year Hurray! I would love to have a girl’s weekend anytime! Anywhere!