Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Manassas National Battlefield Park




Posted by Picasa
On the way home from the cavern we made a stop at Manassas National Battlefield Park. It was excruciatingly hot. We walked about a mile on a trail around the battlefield I thought I might die. I couldn't stop thinking of all the men and boys fighting in uniform walking or running miles and miles carrying all sorts of heavy ammunition and weapons.

I would have liked a little more time in the visitors center the artifacts are really interesting. I am enjoying the rich history of the area. I just wish I could read as fast as Reese can run. It took him about two seconds to figure out that the really cool stuff was outside. Reese LOVES Cannons. I’m not even sure that he knows what they do. It just shows that you don’t have to understand something to think it is super awesome!

Before we left we snapped a shot of Reese with Stone Wall Jackson.

3 comments:

Shell Bell said...

Regi- you have a friend who left a comment on the "Hello" entry of our Argyle Girls blog. Still looks like you are having the time of your life this summer...

Ulma said...

Regi
It looks like you guys are having such a great time! Reese has grown up so fast! It's great to see your blog and keep up with you. Say hello to Dylan from Chad and I.

Tara said...

Hey Regi
I love to look at your blog and see all the fun spots... what a great summer you had! I went to the Manassas battlefield in May, it was beautiful. We had my 14 month nephew, he loved to run and play in the fields. I two thought about those poor boys and all that they gave for us and our country. thanks for the great pictures and memories. Ryan said we will see you over Christmas...see ya then