Monday, August 4, 2008

Luray Caverns









Saturday we went on a ride to see the Shenandoah Mountains. Our destination Luray Caverns.

Dylan and have always enjoyed caves, caverns, and crevices. One for one of our first dates we went to the Ice Caves out on the Arizona strip and the Bloomington caves. We also went to Montezuma’s Mines in Kanab, Utah. In Madison Wisconsin, we went to the Cave of the Mounds. While visiting Mexico we explored Las Grutas. We like Caves! The first time Dylan held my hand was in a tunnel under the streets of St. George. He just likes being in the dark with me.

Luray Caverns was Reese’s first caving experience. I’m not sure we have passed down our love of caves. At first he really liked it. I didn’t mind that he could run without escaping. (On second thought maybe that’s why Dylan took me to all those caves.) I loved the super nice fences that kept him from falling off of the steep parts. He really liked all the little formations in the path. It was really funny to watch when the stalactites dripped on him. The look of confusion was classic. In the end he said he wanted to go home. I think we might have a little claustrophobic boy on our hands.


5 comments:

Shell Bell said...

Have you guys been to the Timp caves up American Fork Canyon? If not we will have to plan a trip the next time you are in Utah.

Amateur Steph said...

You guys are always doing something fun! Congratulations on your race Regi, running is so fun! (when you're done with it, right?)

Rachel said...

COOL! I went to a cave like that one time, it was awesome. Come BACK!

Amy said...

That looks like fun! I can't stand how big Reese looks!

Keri said...

That looks like fun. And I love the new background.