Sunday, February 15, 2009

Paynes Prairie Preserve







We love to visit Paynes Prairie La Chua Trail is our favorite. They just put in a new boardwalk we wanted to check out.

It was a little cold when we started. Somewhere between the beanies and jackets coming off and the way home Dylan and Reese got sunburned. I just don’t think to put sunscreen on in February.

This time we saw alligators, bison, a snake and over a thousand sand hill cranes. I guess the cranes migrate from Wisconsin in the winter.

Reese had a great time running with Zeke and Cami.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

It looks like you are all having a great time. I hope the snake and gator where photoed on the best zoom you have!!!!!

Megan said...

That snake was huge. I showed it to Tyler and he said I hate snakes but I love moms and dads.