Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Memorial Day






We had a fantastic Memorial Day! Reese and I flew in the day before. So we slept in a little. When we woke up we rode the Metro to the Arlington National Cemetery. As we were coming out of the metro station we saw a helicopter, fire trucks, and multiple military and police cars. Then we saw the President’s motorcade. It was pretty awesome. Reese was just as happy to see the fire truck.

The cemetery was amazing. I am so thankful to live in this country. I am so happy to be living in a place that celebrates the sacrifices of so many. I love Dylan he is so brave. It’s so easy for me to forget, I am always so absorbed in my own self. More than four million people visit the cemetery each year. Wow!

We walked home passing the Iwo Jima Memorial. Dylan thinks it is extra awesome since it is the Marine Corps Memorial.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like there are a lot of cool things to keep you busy this summer!

Regi said...

This city is amazing! The best part is that everything is free.