Thursday, March 12, 2009

Palm Point Park

This is Palm Point Park. Dylan spent most of his spring break working hard on papers and other time consuming law school stuff. On Wednesday I made him take a break and we went exploring.
Reese loves riding his bike on the trails.

This is Newman's Lake.



We saw five or six alligators





So I think we are pretty adventurous people, aware of our surroundings for the most part. Not so! We have lived in Gainesville for almost three years now. I had no idea there was a gigantic lake about 15 min from our house.

Dylan found a Parks and Facilities map of Gainesville. It shows all the nature trails and parks. I thought we had been to most of them here in town. Nope, again I was very mistaken. We have only visited 9 of the 22 places on this map. So many places to see so little time. I hope we can get to them all before we move.

3 comments:

Shawnee said...

Hey Regi! It's Shawnee from the Village! I came across your blog from someone elses...random I know! Anyways, I can't believe how big Reese is! And congrats on #2 coming soon. Looks like you guys are having fun in Gainesville. My bro-in-law's family is from there and they have some great stories about all the alligators in their backyard. Feel free to check our blog at shawneeandbrady.com.

Angie said...

Kansas is sooo lacking in adventurous places to explore. Jealous.

Amy said...

K. is that a gator lurking between the bushes?